Company: WTS Energy
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
Welcome to Battolyser Systems, a fully funded, cleantech scale-up company based in The Netherlands. We develop and manufacture products that can store electricity and produce hydrogen from renewable power to balance societal demand in a truly revolutionary way. Let us take you on this journey and show how you can make a difference by joining a fast-growing purpose driven company.
First, some background information on Battolyser Systems. Seven years ago, some really smart people at the Delft University of Technology invented the world's first integrated battery and electrolyser system. They named it a 'Battolyser' and realized this invention could connect renewable power generation in a revolutionary way with how society will consume energy in a net zero emission world. To make real impact, the technology was spun-out of the Delft University of Technology into a separate company in 2018 to demonstrate a proof of concept in an industrial setting. And so, Battolyser Systems was born.
Fast forward to today. We have a patented and proven technology, customers are lined up and funding is secured. We have also attracted some top talent in the renewable energy and hydrogen market, passionate and motivated to make a difference. Knowledgeable, connected and committed are some of the keywords that best describe current leadership. In growing the company we aspire to build lasting teams for which we are looking to recruit a Process Automation & Control Technologist who is motivated to make a real difference in tackling climate issues and recognizes the unparalleled innovation Battolyser technology brings in accelerating the energy transition.
In this role you are the spider in our technical web, reporting to our Engineering Lead. You are responsible to ensure system integration of the Battolyser product as well as the control interface with our customers. In addition you will lead the commissioning & start-up of the Battolyser Pilot unit, our Research Facility and early commercial demonstration projects. You are the trouble shooter and problem solver in the field, act as technical interface with the customer and bring back valuable learnings to improve the design for future Battolyser generations. More specifically you'll be responsible for the following tasks:
• Commissioning and Start-up of the Battolyser Pilot unit to be installed at the Vattenfall Magnum power plant in the Eemshaven and translating the learnings to an improved Battolyser 2 design;
• Commissioning & Startup of the Battolyser Research Facility to be installed at The Greenvillage in Delft, enabling remote monitoring and operations, developing innovative ways to simulate system integration tests and measure performance of novel Battolyser designs;
• Take responsibility for the process automation & control scope for the Battolyser 2 design, including instrumentation with support from vendors and 3 rd parties as required;
• Act as the technical interface with customer of commercial demonstration projects and ensure system control integration of a Battolyser 2 in the overall project;
• Design the Battolyser API customer interface architecture, integration into customer control systems, data security and remote monitoring by Battolyser Systems.
We feel, in order to be successful in this role, you have a MSc. degree in Process Technology. You are self-driven, intrinsically motivated and committed to materialize the overall company vision. You are a technologist atheart and have worked with many different control systems and vendors. You are 'hands-on' but know when to leave it to 3 rd parties. You are a real integrator and problem solver. Oh, and if you have a strong supplier and vendor network that would really set you apart. Curious? Let's talk more!