Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Senior Drainage Engineer to join our Phoenix team to support the Infrastructure Branch, primarily the Surface Water practice. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to lead and support simultaneous projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. The role is with the Phoenix Surface Water Service Line; however, the position may occasionally work with team members from our local Transportation Practice and/or with drainage team members from other Wood offices throughout the United States. Depending on the needs of the project, this position will assume both leadership and supporting roles on various projects and tasks.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Leads, coordinates, and performs drainage design activities on projects to include: technical planning, design and construction support.
- Performs detailed drainage design for; highways, roadway, culverts, storm drain systems, retention/detention basins, erosion control measures, hydraulic structures including weirs, drop structures, and energy dissipaters.
- Perform drainage modeling: hydrologic modeling, hydraulic modeling of channels and/or washes, scour analysis, sediment yield and transport analysis.
- Performs dam breach and inundation analysis.
- Assesses feasibility of design alternatives.
- Develops technical memos, reports, permit applications, and specifications.
- Mentors junior engineers in performing efforts above.
- Performs quality assurance / quality control checks to confirm accuracy and appropriateness of designs, computations, drawings, and reports.
- Prepares proposals and develops and maintains project and task schedules and budgets.
- Fosters relationships with team members, clients, and prospective clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or other engineering field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) required. Arizona license preferred or be in position to obtain registration through reciprocity
- Proficient in stormwater management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices.
- 15-20 years + of experience with drainage infrastructure design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models, and reporting.
- Experienced with software such as:FLO-2D, HEC-1/HEC-HMS, HEC-2/HEC-RAS/HEC-RAS 2D, HEC-6/HEC-6T, Microstation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and HY-8 as this individual will mentor train and check models of junior engineers.
- Expertise in the use of GIS for data import, manipulation, review, querying, filtering/screening of results.
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver project presentations to clients and/or the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines as well as being willing to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and client/project needs.
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.