Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our Design Center in Phoenix, AZ that supports both municipal and industrial projects in Arizona and across the country. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you, and we encourage you to apply. Wood is committed to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality. Project management experience is preferred. This would also be great opportunity to a Senior engineer who would like to grow and be mentored to become a project manager
- Provide engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water treatment and distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems, which may include pump/lift stations, wells, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs
- Primary focus for project work will be the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets.
- May develop scope, costs, budgets and schedules for studies, design and construction services related to water and wastewater projects, including pipeline and pump stations, and treatment plant works
- Create detailed designs of water and wastewater treatment systems and collection systems
- Setup and perform hydraulic modeling for water and sewer systems
- Work with CAD designers to prepare plans/drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure systems using industry-standard design platforms, such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, etc. Ability to use CAD software is considered a plus
- Check design computations and quantity estimates
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Occasional field work and travel to project sites may be required
- Will work with and mentor junior staff
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree. MS is a plus
- PE or PE eligibility required; having an AZ PE preferred
- 5 - 10 years + relevant experience
- Demonstrated engineering experience in small to large sized, multi-disciplined water/wastewater projects, including responsibility for client interactions and successful engineering project delivery with respect to scope, schedule, quality and budget
- Our ideal candidate has a background in pumpstation and piping engineering
- Senior Engineer positioned to add project management to their responsibilities. Project management experience is a plus .
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, hardworking, and intent on doing great work
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites for occasional field work
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.