Posted: Aug 04, 2021
Posted: Aug 04, 2021
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for a Mid-Level Drainage EIT or Engineer to join our Phoenix, AZ team.The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work on simultaneous projects involving multidisciplinary teams, and have 6-10 years + of applicable experience. This role is to support the Surface Water Service Line; however, the position may also have the opportunity to support project efforts related to other disciplines, such as transportation/traffic, site development, and water/wastewater infrastructure.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Perform detailed drainage design for highways, roadway, culverts, storm drain systems, retention/detention basins, erosion control measures, hydraulic structures including weirs, drop structures, and energy dissipaters.
- Perform drainage modeling: hydrologic modeling, hydraulic modeling of channels and/or washes, scour analysis, sediment yield and transport analysis.
- Assist in facilitating design and construction plans development including typical cross sections, construction details, plan and profile.
- Support the development and analysis of drainage mitigation alternatives including comparative analyses as part of planning level studies and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare technical documents and reports in support of drainage engineering and floodplain management work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or other engineering field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience. EIT required. PE is a plus.
- Past work experience using: FLO-2D, HEC-1/HEC-HMS, HEC-2/HEC-RAS/HEC-RAS 2D, and HEC-6/HEC-6T.
- Past work experience using: AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Expertise in the use of GIS for data import, manipulation, review, querying, filtering/screening of results.
- Familiarity with Arizona and Local Government permitting codes, standards and policies related to utilities, grading, drainage, landuse, zoning, and subdivisions is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines as well as being willing to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and client/project needs.
- Must be able to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.