Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 365 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
- Job Purpose
- A Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for working in a mixed Windows and Unix software environment. The responsibility of the individual is to manage the instances of the cloud infrastructure services and the multiple cloud servers. The professional also leads, oversees and maintains, multiuser computing environment as per the requirements of the organization. The individual in this position must have strong technical knowledge of virtual machines (IaaS, Writing Code (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- The cloud systems administrator will have to develop, configure, implement and manage the systems that comprise the underlying cloud platform. The professional assists in setting up public or private cloud systems. They must learn how to balance workload and deploy them in an automated way. The individual should monitor and alter the systems as per the prescribed methodology.
- The Cloud System Administrator is the one who establishes and executes the cloud operations as per the specifications and parameters. They should select the cloud providers as well keeping in mind the requirements. The technicians must implement cost-effective cloud-based systems that will fulfill the technical requirements of the organization.
- Job Scope: The primary job responsibilities of the cloud administrator are to work in coordination with the IT department to develop and support cloud, windows or Unix infrastructure. They usually provide technical assistance on windows, cloud-based systems, and resolve operational problems. The professional will also assist in the administration of cloud service and a Windows server environment. Here are some of the additional cloud systems administrator responsibilities that come under the job purview:
- Install & Troubleshoot: The cloud systems administrator will install and configure the Windows operating system in cloud IaaS providers. The individual is also the go-to personnel to resolve and provide any assistance about system problems. The professional investigates the configuration and network security of the systems to make sure they are working correctly, and they are up to date. It is also the individual's responsibility to manage and upgrade operating systems.
- Implement & Integrate: The technician usually monitors and analyzes the capabilities and performance of the systems. They compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment. It is the individual's responsibility to document systems infrastructure for the convenience of the users.
- Security & Strategies: The Cloud Systems Administrator should provide all the necessary assistance to the cloud servers, including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting. The personnel also help to maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures
- Great Expertise: As a requirement, the cloud systems administrator should have good knowledge of Code Green, Proofpoint, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, AWS, GCP, and other Windows-based technologies. The ability to configure VMs and Web Applications are added advantage to become a cloud system administrator
Minimum 3-7+ years related experience - Must have Engineering Degree