Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Atlas Professionals are currently recruiting applicants who are looking for their first trip offshore as a Greenhand Roustabout for various ad-hoc and ongoing trips across the North Sea. Please note that Roustabouts are required to hold the following certificates; BOSIET/FOET, CA-EBS, OGUK Medical, MIST, Shoulder Measurements and Banksman Slinger Stage 1/3/4. OERTM/HERTM are desirable.
Atlas Professionals also have Greenhand Training courses running throughout August and September based in Aberdeen. These are ran by our Senior HSEQ Officer Mark McDonald. Our training days are open to UK residents. Please apply to this job advert and we will be in touch.
Duties for a Roustabout will include:
- Assisting the Crane Operator with the rigging and movement of equipment on deck and to/from support vessels.
- Maintaining, cleaning and washing of the rig including chipping and painting.
- Providing fire watch duties and flagging operations.
- Filling in as a relief worker for the drill crew when needed.
- Storing and retrieving supplies, equipment and tools.
- Providing assistance to the Mechanic, Electrician or Welder as and when required.
- Loading / offloading all kinds of lifts from / to supply vessels.
- Housekeeping and washing of decks.
- Relieve floor men for tea / lunch breaks
- Mixing of chemicals for preparing mud / brine
- Painting of decks and equipment
- Hook up / down temporary flow lines for circulation
- Preventive maintenance of rig equipment and cranes
- Assist in shale shaker man, rig electricians and motor man
- Bunkering of diesel and chemicals from boats
- Working safely manual handling.
- Working at heights.
- Helicopter and helideck safety.
- Banks man slinging (using hoisting equipment).