Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Materials Engineer to join our Reading - based Equipment Engineering Group. This is a staff position working supporting a number of FEED and EPC projects.
- Material Selection (input to materials selection diagrams and material selection reports)
- Preparation of project standards and specifications in the fields of welding, fabrication, non - destructive examination, cathodic protection, and corrosion control
- Review of welding, painting, fabrication, non - destructive examination and testing procedures
- Evaluation of fabricated equipment for compliance with project materials and welding requirements
- Providing advice and guidance on material and fabrication issues
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience in materials engineering in the Oil and Gas, Refinery and Petrochemicals industries
- Familiarity with the following.
- Relevant ASME, API, NACE Publications
- Knowledge of stainless steel, Cr - Mo alloy steels and low alloy Ni - steels
- Welding and fabrication of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks and piping
- Non - destructive examination techniques for welded joints
- Cathodic Protection
- Lining and coating systems
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.