Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Carry out inspection and non-destructive testing techniques for which they are suitably qualified, trained or instructed.Fully engage in all aspects NDT training, attend offsite NDT training courses when requested.
The individual will undertake inspections and tests under the supervision of an authorised inspector where necessary. In addition, the individual will carry out specific tests for which they are suitably qualified or have been trained or have been suitably instructed to undertake as requested by their Line manager or Supervisor. Where appropriate, the individual will ensure that customer requirements are met and where necessary will interact and cooperate with CoP departments and other site contractors as required.
Participate in the visual examination of piping, vessels, or plant in under the supervision of an authorised inspector where necessary and in accordance with a clearly defined scope of work provided by the customer or Oceaneering Engineer. The inspector shall immediately identify to line management, Oceaneering Engineer or Clients representative.
- Lack of access, other services or impediments that limit the ability to complete the defined scope.
- Any additonal location(s) where it is felt that further acess, removal of insultation, supports, bolts etc are required to fully inspect the location or part thereof.
- Any defective location or anomaly that, in the opinion of the inspector, could have significant detrimental effect on the intergrity of the plant.
The inspector will typically identify the depth and size of any defect or anomaly and relate them to a fixed datum. Where practicable photographs shall be used to enhance the information collected. (Any decision involving limits of acceptability, repair or modification shall be undertaken by a suitably qualified engineer).
The inspector shall ensure that clear and concise reports are generated in a timely manner for any inspection work undertaken.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- E - CCNSG Safety passport
- E - UT level 2
- P - MPI level 2
- P - DPI level 2
- P - GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- P - Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- P- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- P- Valid Full UK driving license.
Previous experience within the oil and gas industry. Good working and understanding of Microsoft packages, i.e Word and Excel.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Ability to read and write risk assessments and method statements. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and team members.
Ability to solve practical and technical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.