Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To carry out Advanced NDT Inspection activities on sites within the UK, Offshore, and Overseas. Ensuring qualifications and competencies are up to date. Supporting Technical Leads and Advanced NDT Management as required. To be self-sufficient and organised in pre job equipment preparation, execution and post job activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Required to assist Technical leads and Advanced NDT Management in day to day activities.
• Assisting with client enquiries, organisation and execution of jobs following work instructions.
• Preparing equipment, maintenance and QHSE (Oceaneering and Client) documentation.
• To further train and qualify in Standard and Non-Standard NDT disciplines.
• Travel alone or as part of a team, to be self-sufficient and organised in pre job preparation, execution and post job activities including reporting and job file completion.
• Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
• Provide guidance to Trainee Advanced NDT Engineers in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Advanced NDT Technical Managers/ Subject Matter Experts
• Technical Leads
• Advanced NDT Manager
- Standard NDT qualifications to Level 2 as a minimum - Minimum UT 3.1 & 3.2.
- Non-Standard qualifications as determined by Advanced NDT Management, Level 2 minimum.
- Have the ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, client, customers, and the general public.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft office and 3D packages.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- HND or Honours Degree in an associated Engineering discipline.
- Gain sufficient qualifications and experience to satisfy the accreditation requirements for the UK engineering council.
- Three years experience and training with an Inspection organisation, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and manufacturer specific software for advanced technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works well in group solving situations.
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.