Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Developer with extensive experience in the IT industry.
Wood Intelligent Operations is actively seeking qualified candidates to help develop and architect custom engineering software and workflow automation applications serving the Energy Industry. The Intelligent Operations group in the Applied Intelligence division of Wood owns multiple software and works closely with numerous partnership technologies.
The successful employee is one who is not afraid to learn by asking questions, communicates well, works well in a team, thrives on daily challenges, demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, both independently and as part of a team, strives for excellence, seeks to be rewarded for outstanding efforts and wants to see the impact of their efforts on the company's success and growth; this person wants to help build a great global company. Our employees are proactive, hands on, multitasking, self-motivated team players. They have a sense of urgency, they are open-minded, and they are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Creativity is expected and encouraged. The employee is also expected to help in interviewing graduate/software developers.
- Broad experience with designing and developing applications using Ruby on Rails & Microsoft .NET development platform
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience with design and development of User Interfaces (UI)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across functional groups as required
- Knowledge of distributed applications frameworks such as DCOM, .NET Remoting, IIS, Web API (REST), and WCF
- Basic knowledge of network configuration including routing, DNS, and firewalls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Strong engineering knowledge and background with an emphasis on Oil and Gas concepts.
- More than 5 years of the software development experience.
Skills / Qualifications
In addition to the required qualifications the following qualifications would be considered a strength:
- 5+ years programming experience in C#
- Experience in .NET Core
- Experience in modelling or simulation software
- Experience with container technology such as Docker
- Strong User Interface design and development skills
- Knowledge of software security best practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.