Skills: Process Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Safety Engineering
Other Skills: Risk management,technical safety,HAZOP,HAZID,QRA,SIL
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Spain
Principal Consultant - Process Safety
Following a strategic carve-out from the Lloyd's Register (LR) Group in 2020, LR's Energy business is now Vysus Group.
Vysus Group is a leading engineering and technical consultancy offering specialist asset performance, risk management and project management expertise across complex industrial assets, energy assets (Oil and Gas, renewables, nuclear), the energy transition, rail and road.
With a global presence and its headquarters in Aberdeen, UK, Vysus now seeks to grow its team further and we invite applications from experienced engineers and scientists to join our Barcelona Risk Management Consulting (RMC) team.
Our core expertise is in the management of major accident hazards - particularly in the Oil & Gas and onshore process sectors. In response to the energy transition, we are also increasingly working with clients in the Renewables/power industries. Successful applicants will provide support to a range of clients and sectors both locally and across the EMEA region.
You should have a degree or a higher-level qualification in in engineering (or science), together with demonstrable experience in delivering technical safety and reliability services to clients in the process, oil & gas or renewables sectors. Your experience of process safety may have been gained working in an engineering design house, an operating company or a specialist safety consultancy. Strong spoken and written English language skills are critical for this role.
Your main focus will be project delivery, including workshop facilitation, execution of calculations and report writing. Depending on your experience, your role may also be expanded to include business development; managing projects, deliverables and budgets; managing client relationships; managing consultancy teams.
Technical tasks would typically cover:
- Development of safety cases (on-shore and/or off-shore)
- Facilitation of qualitative risk analyses (HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, 'what-if', etc.)
- Quantitative risk analyses (LOPA, QRA, consequence modelling, etc.)
- Fire safety analyses
- Safety management system development and auditing
- SIL Studies (determination, verification, FSAs, etc.)
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Compilation of comprehensive, well written client reports, studies and plans
- Preparation of proposals, submissions and tenders
- Monitoring and management of safety studies
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new or existing clients to identify business opportunities
- Mentoring of junior consultants
- Contributing to ongoing development of internal technical processes and software tools