Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberfeldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for an ongoing contract position, located in Aberfeldy.
The Minerals Mine Worker utilizes exploration, mining, sampling, testing, and heavy equipment to expedite crude (barite and bentonite) materials to the Mill/Plant for processing. Crude materials are transported by the Minerals Mine Worker via heavy trucks and trailers. The Minerals Mine Worker is tasked with operating heavy and mobile equipment, sampling tools, monitoring mine production, and perform required maintenance/troubleshooting in a Mine/Field environment. Their tasks can vary, according to job assignments by management.
Reports to Minerals Mine Supervisor or Minerals Mine Manager depending on the size of facility and number of employees.
- Operate mining and heavy/mobile production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prevent product non-conformity by understanding Quality requirements and reporting deviations to
- Mine Management.
- Maintain a safe, clean, environmentally sound work area.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and Mine Management.
- Report unsafe acts, or deviations from HSE Standards to Mine Management.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in optimal condition, by using proven preventive maintenance systems, as delegated by Mine Management.
- Wear all appropriate PPE required for all tasks.
- Actively Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts of the Mine Operations.
- Employ STOP Work Authority to protect people, the environment, and assets.
- Maintain professional work ethic.
- Review and comply with Quality Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- It is the Employee's responsibility to ensure that their training is up to date.
- Reference location's Aspect and Impact list for environmental responsibilities.
- Reference location's Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis prior to all job tasks.
- If a QHSE event is observed and/or customer location, immediate action is taken by the observer to report it, and to initiate the corrective and preventive action process Violations of QHSE rules (laws) may involve not only liabilities on the part of companies but may create personal liabilities. Violations of the "rules" could result in loss of job, civil, or criminal prosecution.
- Always be mindful of physical and health hazards in the workplace. Immediately notify your supervisor of problems.
- Remind or correct fellow employees working or acting in an unsafe manner. Never ignore unsafe acts or allow them to continue.
- Actively participate in Hazard Recognition (RIRs), Observation/Intervention, Suggestion and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Employees are responsible for environmental protection and for the minimization of environmental impact.
- Minimum - High School Education, or equivalent.
- Ability to understand tasks associated with mining and production operations.
- Ability to understand Mine machinery/equipment operations.
- Training as required:
- Local Regulatory and Statutory requirements
- Quality Management System Training
- Environmental Management System Training
- HSE Training
- Task Training as required for the position, and by procedures