Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Instrument Technician with experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
With assistance, perform the maintenance, testing, and repair of all electrical systems, equipment, and components of oil and gas production facilities in a manner consistent with regulatory and environmental rules, regulations, and testing procedures.
- With assistance, perform routine repairs, inspections, troubleshooting and maintenance activities on electrical systems, equipment, and components on the facility according to manufacturer's recommendations and company requirements
- Assists other personnel with equipment repairs and other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Ability to check stock levels of parts/components including tracking using the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Performs maintenance record keeping and reporting
- With assistance, performs overhaul of equipment
- Possess knowledge of normal operating parameters on equipment, monitoring, adjustments, and reporting unusual conditions to Supervisor
- Communicate in a clear and coherent manner
- Use self-learning techniques to continually progress in your role and responsibilities
- Completes work in a manner consistent with the. Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Carry out duties according to the facility Electrical Safety Rules & Procedures, participate and receive a rating according to the guidelines
- Participates as appropriate with other personnel to promote safety and optimize operating efficiency
- Obtain basic knowledge and understanding of AC and DC electric motors, including best maintenance practices, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Mentor other personnel with the Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Follow company requirements to execute equipment isolations for assigned tasks
- Perform work according to all applicable codes
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree, Engineering Degree, Vocational/Trade school, NVQ/SVQ 3 or equivalent formal qualification
- Certified Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Gained working experience on an offshore or onshore oil and gas facility
- BOSIET & CA\EBS Certificate
- COMPEX Certification
Industry Experience and knowledge:
- Perform pre-job planning and hazard assessment
- General knowledge of electrical theory, ladder logic and appropriate level mathematical skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of control valve operation, trip systems, including fault finding and testing
- Working knowledge and understanding of pressure, level, temperature and flow electronic systems and pneumatic loops, including testing and fault finding
- General knowledge of PLC's, industrial computer systems, programmable logic controllers, fluid power systems, and fire and gas detection systems
- Preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas facility emergency procedures and safety system
- • Ability to read, understand and follow schematics, technical manuals, procedures, PFD's, P&ID's, Safe Charts, and one line diagrams
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Competent in communicating in English language, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment alongside other technical disciplines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.