Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Milano, Italy
About Agroenergy Services
It is a recently established unit in which agronomic skills will be concentrated for the identification, launch and monitoring of projects for the development of bio feedstock production in the countries where Eni operates.
As a member of Agro Energy Services Team , you will be responsible for:
- Defining the environmental and geo-pedological characteristics for the development of initiatives to produce vegetable oils (bio feedstock).
- Working on the classification of bio-feedstocks with low impact of land use change (Low ILUC), to the mapping of degraded / abandoned land in the areas of interest.
- Identifying the critical parameters for the assessment of the carbon footprint of bio feedstocks with the LCA approach.
- Coordinating the analysis of the countries in the areas of interest to evaluate the hypotheses of development of initiatives linked to the production of bio feedstock.
- Developing the analysis of local agricultural contexts in non-European countries and of agricultural production systems in rural areas.
- Identifying the most appropriate intervention models for vertical integration projects in the bio feedstock supply chains.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Master's Degree in agricultural sciences, environmental engineer, natural scienses, economy.
- Work experience of at least 5 years in management and analysis of environmental and agronomic data, with reference to GIS analysis, geo-referenced databases, data series, public databases.
- Knowledge of the production chain of vegetable oils (bio feedstock), with reference to rotation crops and crops suitable for being cultivated in degraded areas, not suitable for food production. Any knowledge of projects and initiatives in the African continent are a plus.
- Knowledge of the reference regulations on renewable energy from biomass, biofuels, sustainability certifications for biofuels and LCA analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French and Portuguese are considered a plus.
- Full availability for international mobility.
San Donato Milanese (Milan)
Permanent local contract
At Eni we look for enterprising people who want to make a positive impact in the world of energy and join us in our mission
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity , and lifelong learning .
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.