About this job
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Process and Pipeline Services, In-line Inspection group is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross-discipline team working with state-of-the-art technologies in the energy industry.
This hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations, as well as leadership responsibilities on product development projects as well as leading and mentorship responsibilities with team members.
The opportunity affords career growth within a dynamic and growing industry.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.Typical responsibilities
- Perform evaluation, design, analysis, test, and/or integration of individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adherence to business, industry, and regulatory standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements within cross-discipline/cross-functional teams
- Provide technical discipline leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project(s).
- Provide leadership/mentoring to junior/intermediate engineers and designers within the mechanical engineering team.
- Perform engineering administrative tasks as required including creation and/or review/approval of test plans, reports, and/or drawings.
- Manage tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems, and/or project(s).
- Develop plans and resource estimates to complete project tasks or respond to product issues/problems.
- Lead and participate in technical and program design reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks for self and/or mechanical team members is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with product design, product development, and evaluation for manufacturability including compliance & reliability fundamentals
- 7+ years of machine design experience with complex equipment and/or systems
- 3+ years of leadership managing (direct reports) engineers and/or designers and providing technical leadership to personnel and cross-functional teams
- Hands-on product development projects of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations
- Production testing and analysis
- Design adherence to business, industry, and regulatory standards, codes, & regulations
- Design for reliability, manufacturing, maintenance, and operability
- Design based on product/program requirements and technical specifications
- Lead and participated in technical and program design reviews
- Ability to generate and documented technical data for projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Actively registered P.Eng. with APEGA or able to obtain membership
- Advanced skills in CAD (3-D modeling and 2-D drafting) and Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment
- Advanced problem-solving skills in applied mechanics, engineering design, and technology development
- Ability to manage tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems, and/or project(s)
- Ability to develop plans and resource estimates for projects
- Perform engineering administrative tasks including creation and/or review of test plans, reports, and/or drawings
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project tasks with changing priorities while meeting scope, budget, and schedule
- Proficient with MS Office
- Experience using Windchill
- Experience with CREO, Solidworks, and Inventor
- Experience with ANSYS Mechanical, Fluent, Motion
- Application of global Codes and Standards applicable to the construction of inline inspection tools (ASME, CE, NACE, etc.)
- Machine design experience within the Pipeline Inline Inspection sector
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Starting early / finishing early
Starting late / finishing late
Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
Comprehensive private medical care options
Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.