Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for a permanent role, located in Westhill.
Is responsible for and actively undertakes all required mechanical maintenance activities. Effectively maintains and services all Company equipment to the highest level. Effectively maintains Quayside Bulk Plant equipment to ensure there is no down-time. Provides short ad-hoc periods of assistance with Bulk Plant operations as required along with weekly On Call duty for bulk plant.
Delivers safe, efficient, innovative and excellent quality work, and provides exceptional service to both internal and external clients. Proactively works to achieve Departmental and Team tasks and objectives in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Performs all warehouse and brine plant operations safely, efficiently, and effectively, and actively ensures compliance with work procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance, modification and repair of Company equipment, including all Filtration and Brine Plant fluid-moving equipment; and responsible for all associated documentation.
- Responsible for the assembly and disassembly of mechanical equipment; systems testing; calibration of equipment; and environmental screening.
- Participate in the calibration and maintenance of all analytical rental equipment, Horiba Analysers, Turbidity Meters and Centrifuges.
- Provide knowledgeable and effective mechanical troubleshooting.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend mechanical innovations to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide Operations Teams with technical mechanical input as required.
- Co-ordinate and carry out both planned and preventative equipment maintenance.
- Service diesel units to the highest standard within required time-deadlines.
- Prepare, and revise if necessary, customer Filtration equipment load-out lists as per written / oral instructions.
- Maintain/update Brine Plant and Filtration equipment maintenance reports, spreadsheets and records.
- Updates trackers, and certification on the company drives, and paperwork/cert packs prior to equipment going offshore.
- Prepare both internal & external Equipment movement documentation.
- Co-ordinate both Warehouse and Offshore staff when inspecting and maintaining Filtration equipment and 3rd party rentals, ensuring work instructions are communicated effectively and carried out safely.
- Provide practical service, maintenance and repair training to Warehouse and Offshore staff.
- Liaise with customer representatives as required.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the services and products received from 3rd party companies and suppliers.
- Assist with materials and supplies ordering in accordance with Company policy, ensuring accurate completion of required documents.
- Create from new or maintain and update existing maintenance procedures or documents (e.g. Equipment/Parts Requisition forms, Maintenance sheets, Quality system records).
- Participate in and assist with internal, external and Client audits as required.
- Utilise e-mail for all business correspondence.
- Actively participate in the team environment.
- Attend other work sites where required.
- Maintain and improve efficiency of the Warehouse maintenance bay.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Integrated QHSE Management System are understood, implemented and complied with in all respects
- Actively demonstrate and encourage correct Health and Safety behaviours within your area of responsibility.
- Be personally and legally responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or don't do.
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of the QHSE Integrated Management System.
- Ensure that all necessary PPE is used/worn correctly and well maintained.
- Ensure that your Line Manager / Supervisor is immediately notified of any actual or potential unsafe act or condition.
- When on Client work sites ensure awareness of and compliance with the Client's specific Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, controls and processes and the Permit to Work System.
- Mechanical qualification advantageous but not essential.
- Must have extensive servicing and repair experience of heavy plant or machinery.
- Experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience of Brine Plant operations preferred but not essential; for example, experience of applying Brine Mix instructions, and the loading and unloading of quayside Bulk fluids.
- Previous maintenance experience of Filtration equipment is preferred but not essential.
- B2 Forklift Truck operation certification preferred.
- A current driving license is essential (for example for travel between client and company worksites and premises).
- Be computer-literate to Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel and Outlook Email packages
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Show initiative and problem-solve quickly and effectively as work situations require.
- Work safely and effectively to time deadlines. Complete assigned tasks.
- Able to manage multiple projects under strict time-lines with minimal supervision, and still pay attention to detail.
- Be prepared to use own initiative and operate autonomously whilst still maintaining high standard of reporting and accountability to their manager.
- Must enjoy and thrive on being "hands-on", have an investigative mind, be inquisitive.
- Understand and analyse complex information quickly and effectively; be able to present that information simply and accurately.
- Interpret requests and instructions accurately, and interpret customer needs accordingly, in order to deliver necessary guidance or instruction.
- Be a competent active listener. Be a quick learner; ask questions.
- Able to articulate own point of view or instructions in terms appropriate to the listener.
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Understand the limits of their own knowledge.