The Barge Engineer will assist the OIM in handling all marine matters related to the operations of the rig, e.g. navigation, anchor handling, stability, loading/unloading, weight distribution, relevant maintenance work.
- The Barge Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the relevant requirements of the Management System are implemented within his area of responsibility, and he has the authority to instigate immediate remedial action required to prevent the occurrence of a non-conformance detected within the area of responsibility.
- The Barge Engineer is responsible for planning all lifting operations.
- As Safety Officer, the Barge Engineer is in charge of the contingency and general safety training on board, and is responsible for ensuring that obligatory safety meetings and AMU (working environment committee) meetings are arranged in accordance with the rules and regulations and the instructions of Maersk Drilling. Further he is responsible for regular control of all safety and rescue equipment.
- In co-operation with the OIM, supervision of the maintenance of hull, superstructure and marine equipment, including safety equipment, rescue equipment, and the escape routes
- Ensure that the Safety Plans, Station Bills, Muster Cards, and Contingency Manuals are kept properly updated. The Barge Engineer is appointed ISPS Unit Security Officer
- In co-operation with the OIM, carry out regular inspections and controls of the safety and rescue equipment, the cargo gear, the marine equipment, and the rig within your area of responsibility; and check that all relevant certificates are valid, and when required, arrange for renewal of the certificates
- Minimum 3 years offshore experience on drilling rigs with minimum 6 months experience from relevant position
- Certificate of competency as Unit Security Officer according to the International Ship and Port security Code part A & B
- Proficient in Safety Management Principles
- Conversant with quality management principles
- Conversant with environmental management principles
- MODU for Stability, BOSIET/H2S Opito approved, OIM license, OIM certificate, OGUK & GMDSS certificate
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels Computer literate and conversant with computerized maintenance systems