Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvarado, Texas, United States
Under broad direction, analyzes, modifies, designs, tests, and supports electrical and/or electronic hardware and/or firmware for downhole tools and surface systems. This may include analog and digital circuitry, power transmission and distribution, signal and communications systems. Incumbent may work on multiple projects and/or projects of great complexity requiring independent application of advanced engineering techniques. Considered a subject matter expert in the application of standard electrical/electronic components. Diagnoses instrument and electrical and/or electronic system problems. Services, troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces and maintains instrument and electrical and/or electronic components in surface and downhole equipment. Independently performs analytical troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of electrical and/or electronic systems. May independently develop, test and debug firmware for Microprocessor/Micro-controller/DSP system. Develops specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation. Provides technical guidance and leadership to other personnel involved in developing new approaches to problems encountered. At this level individual demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems in the most efficient and economical manner. Incorporates reliability, HSE and Quality analysis techniques during the design and testing process. Complies with and leads HSE and Service Quality requirements. Job role contributes to value creation.
JRC seeks a solutions oriented technical professional with electrical/electronics experience to support manufacturing of complex electromechanical assemblies. This position supports manufacturing operations for surface and downhole wireline equipment:
- Independently diagnoses instruments, PCBs, and electrical and/or electronic system problems. Services, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces, and maintains instrument and electrical and/or electronic components.
- Interprets component and system level test results for tool validation or troubleshooting. May develop, select, or implement testing processes or equipment.
- Selects critical tool manufacturing data for collection and analysis; analyzes data and applies statistical principals to support manufacturing of tools and systems.
- Documents manufacturing processes using Dozuki, identifies and executes digitalization opportunities.
- Implements tool status tracking methods to predict completion dates and minimize downtimes between processes.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience.
- Completion of a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is also preferred.
- Previous experience in design, manufacture, and/or use of either Neutron Generator (RMT-I & TMD3D) or hostile tools
- SAP routing and methods experience
- Project management experience
- Experience launching a new product or implementing a major revision
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2001 Interstate 35, Alvarado, Texas, 76009, United States
Requisition Number: 100702
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.