Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Buyer executes purchase orders (POs) and expedites for procurement of materials and services. The Buyer is able to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition and assists management in meeting department goals.
- Purchase order/MSR management (Confirmation, Expedite, end user communication)
- Resolve receiving problems that may include quality issues, rejected materials or shipments, and part number discrepancies.
- Resolve material and part returns due to warranty claims, incorrect shipments, or freight damage. Submit claims for carrier freight damage.
- Place orders in accordance with engineering specifications and other requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and create/maintain effective working relationships.
- Evaluate vendor performance and assist with maintenance of approved supplier list.
- Maintain electronic data storage systems as directed.
- Resolve invoice anomalies.
- Adhere to Quality Management System.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to supervisor
- Education and/or Experience
- MBO diploma or higher. Preferably at least 4 to 6 years of experience in a hectic industrial environment in a Buyer role.
- Language Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Dutch at all levels. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Project Managers and Senior personnel within the organization.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to promote the supply chain strategy throughout the business in a positive manner.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, or other ERP system.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accurate administrative skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in ERP System
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.