Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood Projects operates across all aspects of Conventional Energy, Process & Chemicals and Renewable Energy & Power, our capital Projects business delivers the best possible return from our client's capital expenditure. Our 12,000 experts deliver Project Management, Engineering, Construction & Project Delivery, Engineering Procurement & Construction in some of the world's most complex and innovative projects. Our Industrial & Power team is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager with proven experience managing quality based in our Tucker, GA office.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
The position has a broad scope and will oversee the management of deployed quality resources across a broad spectrum of projects. As well as managing the Quality team, the successful candidate will also be expected to undertake a supporting role working collaboratively with local leadership teams using their proven influencing skills to deliver results in the areas of management system deployment, assurance, and continuous improvement.
- Management of all aspects of quality across assigned business areas, etc. including the supervision of assigned quality resources
- Promote Quality to all areas of the region including the effective communication and engagement of what quality means and how it adds value.
- Provide functional support to regional quality team ensuring they are aware of their roles, responsibilities and deliverables. Ensure they are competent and provided with mentoring where required.
- Effective quality planning to ensure quality budgets are established, the function is resourced and defined quality deliverables are produced in line with agreed timeframes.
- Provide support to projects/contracts in the appointment of new hires
- Ensuring direct reports are assessed as being competent for their allocated roles and coaches, mentors and supports the ongoing development of these resources
- Manage regional quality input to tenders and proposals
- Undertake activities in support of OAQ objectives, as cascaded from BU, and to further cascade to regional projects/contracts
- Acting as the regional Management System (MS) representative providing direction and support to leadership on management system development and its effective deployment including MOC
- Promotion and of risk based planning of contract/project assurance schedules within region
- Timely provision of data, key risks, trends and themes to BU monthly reporting cycle
- Responsible for promotion and embedment of Customer Satisfaction system and feedback processes
- Oversight and verification of PMR Quality Data and support to local/regional PMR reviews
- Ensure the regional level assurance programme is deployed, via GTRAC, in line with key enterprise standards and process including the resourcing of competent personnel to deliver
- Identification and management of improvement plans to reduce/ eliminate risk identified during assurance activities
- Ensure that ATRAC system is effectively deployed across the region
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient investigation and RCA is applied
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement across the region, including embedment of processes for progressive learnings
- Actively participates in the wider quality network both offering and taking on good practices and elevates good practices to higher organisational levels for wider implementation
- Supports the drive for standardisation of BMS content across the business, maximising the use of global and business essential consistency processes where applicable
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/diploma or local equivalent in Quality management, project management or related discipline (essential)
- Chartered Quality Professional (preferred)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognized industry body (essential)
- Formal training in recognized root cause analysis techniques (preferred)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or equivalent (preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Standards (e.g., ISO 9001, 14001, 45001) and their deployment
- High level of effective and engaging communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Confident at talking at senior leadership levels
- Analytical, Problems Solving skills and Systematic thinking
- Strong ability to influence without direct authority
- Consistently model and lead on Wood's shared values
- Balance humility and self confidence
- Build robust capability and appropriate succession and development
- Champion and drive innovation and change initiatives, focused on improving quality and effectiveness
- Work effectively across different cultures and varied business groups and services with a global mind-set
- Both challenge and support the business to encourage and drive improvement and learning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.