Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's cultural resource program has an extensive work backlog and is seeking an energetic, team oriented, and experienced On-Call Project Architectural Historian to support a nationwide team and rapidly growing cultural resource program. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations. This position is a part-time, hourly position. Pay rate is commensurate with education and experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified candidates should possess a master's degree in Historic Architecture, Historic Preservation, History, or a related field.
- Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in Historic Preservation and/or History.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrable experience in CRM is preferred.
- Midwestern, Midcontinent, or Southeastern experience is preferred.
- They must also be capable of skills directly associated with standard above-ground historic architectural and cultural historic surveys, including familiarity with historic American architectural forms, styles and details, archival research, standard documentation of field investigations, preparation of architectural reports including structure descriptions, maintenance and treatment plans, historic context, and significance assessments under National Register criteria.
- A thorough understanding of architectural resource significance recommendations and justifications.
- A technical skill specialty is preferred, such as, but not limited to Mid-Century Modern, Cold War military architecture, historic bridge design, cultural landscapes, cemetery investigations, archival research, National Register nominations, or GIS experience.
- Must have good organizational skills, and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Project Architectural Historians are lead authors and coauthors on technical reports that document the results of the investigation and must be able to write well; a writing sample will be requested.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to address project research questions through a synthesis of data from the field, analysis of archival research, and incorporation of relevant published research.
- They must possess a valid driver's license and pass a background check.
- Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.