Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our client is currently looking for Balance Sheet and Intercompany Accountant for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
The role is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of certain key balance sheet areas, including cash and bank and debtor / creditor ledgers and preparation and reconciliation of all intercompany transactions and balances. Accounting for Logistics shared costs.
- To ensure that all bank transactions, other than supplier payments posted by the accounts payable process, are recorded in the general ledger in the same month as the transaction, with the correct cash analysis code, and additionally record receipts on the receivables register.
- To prepare, issue, and record in the receivables register and general ledger, sales invoices for recharges, sale of materials and any ad hoc sales as required.
- To maintain an up to date receivables ledger by registering all receivables invoices and cash collected, including receivables invoices issued by others in the finance department such as for VAT and hydrocarbon sales.
- Maintain the cash books for all bank accounts including cash forecasting elements as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and instruct action for reconciliation problems other than simple timing differences.
- Preparing back up and booking journals for all Intercompany receivables and payables along with Prepare the monthly UKBU entity intercompany reconciliation and instruct action for reconciliation issues.
- Accounting for Logistics - Fuel, Vessels, Helicopters, AMLA shares, Storage, and other shared costs and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Adherence to all corporate timetables set.
- Ensuring reconciliation of key accounts
- Liaising with Finance team as appropriate to resolve or highlight issues.
- Liaising with the G&A Team Lead and Logistics team to resolve any issues
- Preferably newly qualified or QBE
- Degree qualified in Finance, Business Studies, Economics or similar discipline, or equivalent experience. Part-qualified Accountants also considered.
- Previous experience in an oil company or oil service company as receivables controller, treasury accountant, cash book accountant or similar skill set preferred. Experience in accounting for shared costs would also benefit.
- Knowledge (e.g., systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Knowledge of a leading financial software general ledger application such as Sage, SUN, SAP, Oracle Financials'
- Well organised with good time management skills Attentive to procedures Assertive but also collaborative