Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Woods Consulting business is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Lead Asset Integrity Engineer (contract) to join our team initially, on a contract-basis with the potential to support in a full-time staff role. The suitable candidate will be based in Southern Quebec and will be responsible for directly interfacing with our client who has numerous sites in in the region. Travelling to sites may be required to directly interface with clients. The suitable candidate must be bilingual, speaking both fluent English and French.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years' experience in an asset management role and will be expected to support technical and operational consultation for a range of assets including combustion systems, pressure systems, structures and cranes. They will work as part of a multi-discipline team, reporting to the Wood Canada office in Calgary, but be expected to interface globally with Woods technical expert network. Experience with a range of civil, structural and material integrity necessary and experience within the aluminum processing industry is preferred.
- Interface directly with the client as a Wood focal point to support day-to-day operational integrity requirements across the plant.
- Consult with the client to provide immediate support for integrity issues currently being experienced across multiple sites.
- Support the implementation and continued adherence to company integrity management strategy.
- Undertake ad-hoc technical scopes of work to support the client objectives.
- Responsible for the overall project management of the scope of work.
- Responsible for interfacing with other specialist areas of the Wood business to ensure seamless delivery to the client.
- Travel to multiple sites where required to provide technical and operational support.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent in Materials and/or Engineering discipline preferred.
- Conversant with relevant international and local standards and Codes or Practice.
- Registered Engineer in Quebec.
- Demonstrable understanding of full asset lifecycle operations.
- Experience interfacing directly with operational sites to support a range of operational integrity issues.
- Experience in leading and delivering technical assessments from a range of disciplines including structural, civils, materials and mechanical.
- Good working knowledge of aluminum processing and smelters.
- Project management experience for consultancy-based scopes of work preferred.
- Can lead and develop technical reports, working with a multi-discipline team. Can work independently or lead a small team, coaching less experienced engineers.
- Can provide technical input to corrosion/ material related issues.
- Can provide technical input to structural issues.
- Experience with inspection and monitoring techniques.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards and national, regional and local Legislation for Canada.
- Must be Fluently bilingual, able to speak/write in both French and English.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.