Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Savannah, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Project Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) to join our dynamic team to support a Major Mobility Improvement Project for Georgia DOT in Chatham County, Georgia near the City of Savannah. The ideal candidate will have a background in Design-Build (DB) projects in a QAM oversight role and will report directly to the person or group with overall Project management responsibilities for the Project. The QAM shall co-locate for the term of the project and The DB Team's QAM and quality control staff shall have no responsibilities in the production of the Work.
- Development and updating of the Quality Management Plan, ensuring that all elements of Work are performed in accordance with the Design-Build (DB) Documents
- Ensuring adequate staffing and expertise is being utilized for the DB Team's Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) efforts
- Preparation of a monthly report of the quality reviews, inspections and tests performed, results of such reviews, inspections and tests, and occurrences and resolution of non-conformance discoveries
- Maintain a log of all Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and submit it weekly to Georgia DOT; and number each NCR sequentially and provide a brief description and status - The DB Team shall submit the monthly reports to Georgia DOT for review - The responsible organization shall submit a proposed disposition to GDOT of the nonconforming Work that has been reviewed and approved by the DB Team's QAM and Engineer of Record
- The DB Team's QAM and quality control manager(s) shall have the authority to stop Work for quality-related issues - The DB Team shall conduct all work necessary to meet the requirements of the DB Document to satisfy all functional needs and characteristics of the quality assurance program, including QC, QA and quality improvement
Skills / Qualifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia preferred
- Ability to obtain a PE license in Georgia within 6 months of employment
- Minimum ten (10) years of recent experience in the management of major urban freeway projects, including five (5) years managing a quality management program
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.