Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer - Data & Analytics Projects to be part of their leading global technical services business. This is a significant opportunity to develop your digital career and thrive in a problem solving, solutions - focused environment, where you will be responsible for the delivery and development of data - driven solutions to our global customers. The role will be based in our Galway, Ireland office.
- Manage the delivery of a diverse portfolio of data - driven and machine learning projects for Wood's global energy, environment, and infrastructure clients
- Prepare & deliver project technical presentations and reports
- Prepare proposals for new work (including scope, schedule, and cost estimates)
- Lead projects through all phases, including discovering and proof - of - concept
- Envision data - driven solutions and delivery methodologies / blueprints for a diverse set of client problems
- Develop data - driven solutions using high - level programming languages (such as Python and R) and low - code platforms such as MS Power Apps and Palantir Foundry
- Prepare large and complex data sets using high - level programming languages and data and cloud compute services
- Continually learn new technologies and data solution platforms
- Travel as required for project meetings & workshops across the global business
Skills / Qualifications
Competencies & Skills Required:
- Project and delivery management
- Presentation, reporting and excellent communication skills
- Comfortable handling engineering and sensor data from equipment and machines (e.g., pressures, temperatures, flowrates, fluid densities) to derive insight (working alongside various subject matter experts internal and external to the business)
- Data and analytics programming experience with Python and / or R.
- Statistical modelling / inference
- Experience of working with at least one mainstream cloud computing service such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of SQL for data access, manipulation, and validation
- Working knowledge of cloud and data - driven app development
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering discipline or engineering science
- Post - graduate diploma in computer science or analytics / data science
- Minimum 5 years of engineering consultancy experience
- Minimum 3 years of technology development or analytics experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.