Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Doha, Qatar
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a staff basis. This is a key role in the Mechanical Group, where you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in supporting the group's objectives across Studies, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work in the region. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of studies and project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
You will deliver effective Mechanical Engineering support into projects through provision of sound technical advice; undertaking discipline audits and due-diligence type reviews; provision of discipline training and updating of procedures and standards.
- Carrying out various mechanical engineering activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed projects
- Represent the project and liaise with the client as required.
- Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with corporate and project procedures
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy and content of all project mechanical deliverables
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
- Adhering to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes toward engineering design, including raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
- Ensure quality of deliverables within assigned project / area.
- Reviewing vendor quotations, preparation of technical quote evaluations and submission of vendor recommendations in conjunction with the Materials Management Department. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering reviews with vendors as required
- Provide relevant knowledge and practical support to site activities, such as site visits or surveys and vendor, contractor, or client site-related queries and discussions
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, and preferably a member of a relevant professional body or institution
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Oil & Gas post-graduation
- Qatar MME Grade A registered engineer
- In-depth engineering experience in the critical process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a contracting company
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Concept through to EPC, with a focus on upstream
- Proven site experience on several design and construction-based site assignments
- Sound knowledge of static equipment design. Working knowledge/familiarity with Piping / Layout and materials engineering is advantages
- A proactive approach to resolving technical issues, the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and strong communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.