Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer with extensive experience in the Automotive Controls industry. Individual must be able to perform design, engineering and field start up responsibilities for System Integration in the Electrical Controls industry. In addition, proven troubleshooting skills are necessary.
This role offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
- Electrical hardware design
- PLC Programming / HMI Development
- Develop bill of materials for control systems
- Provide installation support to electricians
- Electrical controls debugging
- Launch and Standby support
- Completing AsBuilt Drawings
Skills / Qualifications
- BSEE or technical degree preferred
- 5 years of industry experience mandatory
- System Architecture including non-standard material and control panel power requirements/distribution
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Up to 25% travel.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- ControlLogix / PLC5 / SLC500
- Studio 5000
- RSLogix 5, 500, 5000
- Variable Frequencey Drives (Powerflex 525, 755)
- FactoryTalk View
- PanelBuilder PDS, 1400e, 32
- MS SQL Server
- RSView Studio
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ford NextGen standards a plus
- General Electric PLC's a plus
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.