Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Diving, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is currently seeking a Deputy Marine Construction Manager for a 1 year contract in Fort St. John's NFLD. This role will be Monday-Friday in Calgary for 6 months to start (could be extended).
Reporting to, and acting as a delegate for the Marine Construction Lead during any planning absences, the Marine Construction Deputy position supports the SSP team from detailed engineering and planning, through to the completion of the offshore execution phase, and early stages of the project close out phase.
Summary of Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Oversee subsea project engineers working on specific scopes of work;
• Focal point for all consultants and installation contractors completing SSP construction scopes ensuring cost, schedule and quality of outcomes are effectively managed;
• Coordinate interfaces and work with other business unit functions and external third parties, including installation contractors, equipment suppliers, and certifying authority to support the planning, delivery and execution of SSP in accordance with Suncor's corporate Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) framework;
• Actively involved in the identification, management and closure of opportunities and risks pertaining to SSP from planning through to execution and project closeout;
• Ensure the incorporation of industry best practices, particularly with respect to subsea construction & diving procedure development (i.e. oversight of a third-party installation contractor), with a primary focus on personnel safety while working within approved project budgets and schedules;
• Influence the ongoing development of SSP Key Performance Indicators, identifying and driving improved asset value opportunities;
• Collaborate with SCM to support administration of key contracts (e.g. with installation contractor) and effectively raise any technical or commercial issues to management, with recommended action plans;
• Oversee and coordinate the submission and review of project documentation received from both internal and external sources;
• Coordinate external service requests and change order requests, primarily generated between Suncor and the installation contractor;
• Review project and operations documentation in a timely manner with respect to various engineering reviews, risk assessments/analysis, action closures and readiness reviews associated with SSP;
• Alternate to the SSP Marine Construction Lead during any planned absences throughout the project, including acting as onshore liaison to the offshore client representatives during the execution phase;
• Coordinate the installation contract reporting, ensuring lessons learned are captured and incorporated into project documentation as appliable;
• Possible periodic travel to third party sites in support of project delivery, including international destinations, as required; and
• Possible offshore travel during the offshore execution phase, if required by Suncor
• Role requires an Engineering Degree and P. Eng. registration with PEGNL with a minimum of 10 years of offshore oil & gas experience and recent project engineering experience and team leadership responsibilities;
• Project Management and Safety Management experience;
• Knowledge of contract technical scope and commercial management;
• Ability to interact effectively with senior leadership teams as well as external stakeholders;
• Sound knowledge and experiences of subsea engineering, installation and commissioning activities, particularly pertaining to saturation diving, flexible pipes and FPSO mooring systems;
• Role requires leadership and teamwork skills/behaviors specific to managing projects, contract personnel and indirect reports;
• Experience with personnel development, coaching, training and competence assurance;
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage and motivate external third parties, including consultants and sub-contractors;
• Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills to build effective relationships, gain support for recommendations and address Terra Nova Owner or regulatory issues;
• Experience with adhering to industry standard project delivery models and associated project management systems such as EH&S, cost control, planning, quality, document control and MOC.
• Understanding of business and financial analysis and economics;
• Ability to obtain all regulatory certification requirements (such as BST and offshore medical) to work offshore during the 2022 SSP campaign if required;
• Planning and continuous improvement skills required to deliver overall value to project.
• demonstrated experience as an offshore client representative during major subsea construction project(s), including green field and brown field assets;
• demonstrated knowledge of marine construction management using diver-based execution methods;
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.