Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Person
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Job Description: MAIN FUNCTIONS
Logistics Advisor provides logistics subject matter expertise. May include aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services to deliver safe reliable and cost efficient logistic services. Has overall responsibilities to serve as the contact for providing logistical and materials management services and support for its ongoing business, including affiliates where no local services organization or infrastructure exists. Manages the day-to-day logistical business, including, but not limited to, implementing logistics strategies, supervising drilling logistics contractor staff, material control functions, inventory management, and coordinating material movements to offshore or onshore rig locations
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical input into logistics strategies and plans to support "Operating Organizations"
• Provides technical support and input for logistics activities and interface coordination with "Clients" to support transportation of materials and equipment into, within, and from the country of operation.
• Provides technical support in managing interfaces with procurement and warehouse services including tax and customs, expediting, shipping/receiving, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), inventory management.
• Supports Logistics Management to ensure logistics service companies comply with all prevailing regulatory, environmental and statutory requirements.
• Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS) and Logistic best practices.
• Provides technical support for Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) programs and inspections of services and equipment including work-site inspections, security, audits and quality assurance verifications.
• Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of complex risk assessments, incident investigation and engineering studies.
• Leads or participates in logistics cost management and productivity improvement plans.
• Leads or supports logistics teams troubleshooting issues.
• Provides technical expertise to support to ensure all Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Export Controls requirements are met.
• Provides guidance for appropriate logistics components of Emergency Response Plans (ERP).
• Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) guidance and support for aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services.
• Supports Logistics Management as requested.
• Develops, maintains and shares Logistics best practices.
• Networks with cross-functional representatives and teams, industry associations, and suppliers.
• Development of project plans while identifying application opportunities for lessons learned & best practices sharing.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical degree • 7-10 years' experience in supply and logistics, preferably in international frontier operations • Demonstrates strong planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with Production, Development, Projects, Drilling and Exploration; able to network effectively across organizations.
• Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, innovation • Functional Skills: SSHE management - operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management, maintenance - mechanical, logistics, general marine operations
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.