Machinist Do you like observing machine operations? Are you a Machinist looking for a new opportunity? Join our Team!
Our Oilfield Services Team is assembling and testing the latest products of oilfield equipment, which is beating heart of our work. We collaborate with our development teams in science, mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, geoscience, to develop innovative completion tools. Partner with the best
You'll set-up and operate on special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe/mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining-centers. You're responsible for fabrication of metallic/nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required. You'll be working with a collaborative team in an innovative, high-technology facility.As a Machinist, you will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Diploma in Mechanical or equivalent with at least 1 year of relevant working experience
- Be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines
- Demonstrate a basic to intermediate skill level on manual lathe (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID)
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Have basic communication skills in English language
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following 3 shift working patterns: 7.30am - 3.45pm/3.30pm - 11.45pm/11.30pm - 7.45am / 5 days work Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.