Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Water Resources Engineer with experience in water resources and wetland restoration in Florida.
Are you an Environmental, Civil or Agricultural Engineer who enjoys the technical aspects of water resource design projects focusing on wetland restoration? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with strong technical engineering design skills to work with our dynamic wetland restoration group. In this position you will assist with technical aspects of engineering design projects and task management, as it relates to wetland restoration and other water resource projects.
- Engineer with a background in Environmental, Civil, or Agricultural Engineering needed with strong technical skills to help deliver quality products to customers in an expanding marketplace
- Conduct both field and office elements of projects
- Conduct water quality, hydrologic, and groundwater models; develop water budgets; understanding of soils and structural components, specifically related to water resources design improvements
- Prepare erosion and sediment control plans and water/sediment monitoring plans
- Design, plan preparation, permitting and construction phase services
- Work with staff on project tasks in a team environment
- Strong commitment to company's "Beyond Zero" safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineer with 3 to 8 years of experience
- Minimum BS Engineering
- MUST have the El certification and working towards the PE
- Knowledge in water resources engineering, including environmental, erosion protection, water quality, modeling, AutoCAD, GIS and construction oversite
- Specific knowledge of the hydrology of wetlands and water quality issues in Florida
- Client relationships and project experience in Florida preferred
- Experience with the following hydrologic and hydraulic models a plus: ICPR and HEC
- Proficiency in using the Suite of MS Office products
- Strong oral and written communication skills; proven ability to assist in preparation of reports
- Must be able to travel locally and out of area, as necessary. Majority of travel will be limited to trips within Florida
- The position is based in the Gainesville, FL office. Must live in Florida
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.