Pipe Systems Design EngineerAre you a Design Engineer looking for a new challenge?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Join our Flexible Pipe Systems team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.Partner with the best
To own the project control activity globally and driving consistent functional specifications and common global processes for projects implementation. Activities that are conducted to better understand or ultimately meet the expectations of the customer. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor's Degree).
As a Pipe Systems Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing technical expertise and develops technical solutions as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Providing design engineering support from bid acquisition through to project execution, supporting under direct supervision, the work of the systems design and engineering group
- The undertaking of calculations and analyses using a combination of in-house and general software as well as hand calculations resulting in the production of Engineering reports and other design documents
- Possessing a deep understanding of relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies.
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving technical advice
- Communicating with immediate team and supervisor. Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have relevant technical qualifications from an accredited university or college
- Have demonstrable experience in other Engineering/Technology role.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to work independently.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week)
- Starting early / finishing early
- Starting late / finishing late
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.