Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for the realization of AGV projects within the agreed time, budget, and quality for international customers the world over.
- Manage the entirety of projects in relation to quality, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for supervision of project personnel which could include engineers, designers, draftsmen, technicians and/or administrative support.
- Distribute/assign tasks to employees within various disciplines (System Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Installation, etc.) as guided by the project plan.
- Work closely with the System Engineer who is responsible for the technical system design.
- Monitor progress throughout project and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage the contacts and relationship with international clients of appealing brands such as Daimler, Porsche and Tesla. Act as point of contact for the customer for the duration of the project.
- Coach and motivate other project team members; monitor progress with the process owners.
- Set clear expectations with project team by defining project tasks and resource requirements. Lead project meetings and presentations with customers.
- Monitor the scope agreements and negotiations on additional work.
- Oversee risk analysis and final evaluation of projects.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project; Conduct full review of project scope, goals and deliverables;
- Develop full scale project plans to include a project safety plan, project quality plan and risk management plan;
- Conduct project Kick Off meeting;
- Communicate project plan to include baseline scope, basis of estimate, baseline budget and baseline schedule to all project team members;
- Manage project budget, buildup up of ETC (Estimate to Complete) and DTC (Design to Cost) to achieve as-bid or improve job profit;
- Manage project resource allocation and resource loading into Primavera software;
- Conduct procurements to include subcontract/vendor management.
- Manage communications;
- Plan and schedule project timelines;
- Manage scope and change control to include implementation and management of project change interventions to achieve project outputs;
- Conduct project close out.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Manager of Programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required - mechanical, electrical, or manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a project manager for logistics projects.
- Knowledge of logistics, Material Handling and industrial processes.
- Excellent command of Dutch, English, and German, both spoken and written.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Peoplesoft.
- Good business sense and ability to convert customer needs into clear and achievable specification requirements.
- Must have commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction, while ensuring that projects are delivered within budget and profitability.
- Must be able to travel internationally as needed.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.