As Remote Sr Software Engineer C#/.NET, you will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
As Remote Sr Software Engineer C#/.NET, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
- Working with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Translating requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Working with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Driving increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Supporting process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Coaching, mentoring and leading the team
- Working cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Driving world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Communicating effectively both within immediate team and also across SSG leadership team and with PLLs
- Ensuring team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Engaging subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understanding performance parameters and assess application performance
- Working on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering field
- Have strong CAD skills with a practical mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Have knowledge of programming languages C#/.NET
- Have basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical elements and a desire to learn and develop these
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate strong leadership ability
- Have ability to analyse problems from data, identify root causes, and provide efficient solutions
- Have effective organizational and project management skills and the ability to work in a global-matrix environment
- Be able to provide, practical, hands-on technical guidance and support to your team
- Show the ability to interact with people and processes in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Availability to work remotely overlapping with Pacific Time.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
Comprehensive private medical care options
Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire youAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.