Skills: Fabrication, Workshop
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bloomfield, New Mexico, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Fabrication Shop Foreman with experience in the oil and gas, fabrication or construction industry for a project in Bloomfield, NM.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The Fabrication Shop Foreman will direct, monitor, and administer operations of assigned work crews and ensure quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for planning, integration and execution of fabrication and rigging activities, ensuring alignment with scope, method statements and procedures
- Acts as an interface between the Piping Designer, Construction Supervisor, and the Fabricators to review, distribute and address issues regarding IFC drawings
- Perform fabrication assurance surveillances and complete relevant documentation.
- Lead and directly supervise Fabricators, Fitters and Riggers engaged in activities related to various projects being executed both in the Fab Shop and on the client's facilities.
- Actively participate in team meetings and provide recommendations on areas for improvements.
- Optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the works.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills; follow policies, procedures, and work practices, and develop improvements where necessary.
- Read, interpret, and follow method statements and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation inclusive but not limited to daily reports and Fabrication checklist and provide inputs for schedule updates and fabrication trackers for all work performed under their supervision.
- Command respect of the workforce and develop excellent working relationships with all other department personnel as well as client management.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen to ensure the optimum coordination of activities and utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Support in the review of resumes of new personnel assigned to ensure they are adequately qualified.
- Ensure new crew members are suitably trained, qualified, and instructed on the project work scope and quality requirements.
- Ensure all necessary temporary equipment is maintained in a current operable and calibrated condition, and work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment, and materials.
- Prevent wastage and/or misuse of equipment, materials, and tools.
- Supervise work crews to best utilize manpower and materials, exercises discipline at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and inefficiencies.
- Ensure consumable control requirements are closely followed.
- Ensure the monitoring, witness and inspection requirements of the Quality Control Inspection plan are followed and required documents are completed.
- Familiarity with all Company QA/QC and safety procedures / regulations and strictly enforces them with the workforce under his responsibility.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a similar role.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and proper use of equipment and materials.
- Must possess good communication and supervisory skills. Must be a good communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to his workforce.
- Must possess the ability to build relationships across a wide range of professional levels.
- Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced, high performance work environment.
- Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Inspires and motivates crew members to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.