Assistant ControllerAre you an experienced Finance Leader looking for a new opportunity?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?Join our Digital Solutions - Bentley Nevada team
Bently Nevada, a Baker Hughes business, offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection solutions that help customers achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible.Partner with the best
As Assistant controller you will be accountable for functional, business and broad company controllership objectives. In this role you will develop, integrate and manage process that meet the business needs across the organization. You will be responsible for developing the approach and corresponding project plans for large scale global initiatives.
As Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Applying Baker Hughes policies and technical accounting to support the field and P&L/Regional Controllers especially on revenue recognition
- Advising business leaders regarding complex financial accounting and reporting issues and transaction structuring
- Partnering with the DS Global Controller to drive global controllership accountability
- Effectively translate specific financial-guidelines (GAAP, SEC, etc.) into sustainable and efficient business solutions
- Lead controllership reviews related, but not limited, to: Revenue recognition, cost capitalization (fixed assets, software), inventory costing, intangibles.
- Lead controllership efforts related to restructuring, CODM and unusual reporting processes
- generating interaction with P&Ls, Regions, and Baker Hughes HQ through reviews of key processes and special projects
- nowledge of SOX requirements and processes and additional business control requirements to support the internal control team on the mitigation of risk and the reduction of potential fraud.
- Support internal audit and KPMG audits and closure of audit findings
- Effective communicator and ability to work in matrix organization
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- Demonstrate exceptional professional expertise in finance with solid experience in a leadership role
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.