Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Cost Controller in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
In this position, you will be working on a large battery chemicals and technology project, initially on a 12 month max term contract with the view to go permanent thereafter. You will be based at our modern offices in the Perth CBD.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As a key part of our team, you will undertake the following duties, which will not be limited to:
- Prepare structured cost breakdown for projects and studies.
- Establish baseline budgets for man-hours, capital and other appropriate costs.
- Prepare and maintain man hour costs, based on forecasts, trends and progress.
- Maintain Issues register, change orders and variations.
- Ensure change control process for studies and projects is in place and where required estimate the cost of the change.
- Maintain manpower plans and histograms as appropriate.
- Ensure project personnel authorization process is followed for billing purposes. The personnel acquisition approval form should be used in each instance.
- Liaise with procurement and contracts and provide budget allocations for packages of work.
- Prepare up to date cost reports showing approved budgets, commitments, expenditures, forecasts, paid to date and amount outstanding.
- Carry out man hour cost reports, review billing reports and carry out cash flows, as required by the project controls manager.
- Achieve and maintain correct authorisation for reimbursable expenditure.
- Contribute to building a cost-conscious attitude throughout the project team.
Skills / Qualifications
To be successfully shortlisted in this position, you will have five to seven years of mining experience, and worked on projects involving minerals and/or metals such as copper, lithium, rare earths, and base metals.
- Exposures across cost control, contracts and scheduling
- Advanced skills in the cost control process of a multi-discipline EPCM and EPC project
- Experience in a cost management software
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skill
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Excel and Access software.
- Good understanding of planning & scheduling
Please note, only those who hold valid working rights in Australia will be considered.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.