Skills: Ballast Control, Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Ballast Control Operator/A Production Operator with experience on a floating production platform as well as deepwater production operating experience.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Monitor and Maintain Vessel Stability.
- Mooring Operations.
- Boat and Helicopter Logistics.
- Inspection and Maintenance of Life Saving and Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Regulatory Audits /Inspections.
- Load Management.
- Watch Keeping - Monitor Collision Avoidance System.
- Maintain Marine Logs and Maintenance Records.
- Monitor Environmental Conditions.
- Maintain Vessel's State of Readiness for Damage Control/Damage Stability.
- Coordinate and Interface with all Operations and Disciplines that may impact Vessel Stability.
- Monitor and maintain vessel stability by interfacing with all operations and disciplines that may impact stability.
- Monitor mooring and perform necessary functions to adjust moor.
- Monitor boat and helicopter logistics with respect to vessel operations.
- Monitor weather conditions.
- Monitor collision avoidance system.
- Maintain marine logs and maintenance records.
- Operation of hydraulic crane.
- Monitoring and controlling the remote operation of the subsea wells and production systems, including, performing emergency corrective action as required.
- Operating in compliance with 30 CFR operating limits, regulations, standards, procedures and codes.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents and submit reports as required.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate operation and safety issues.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- As a member of a busy team, actively assist with additional projects as required or requested by supervisor
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of BCO experience required on a floating production platform with an Active ballast license as well as production operating experience.
Preferred: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical college; 3-5 years' BCO experience with active ballast license a must have as well as deepwater production operating experience preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.