Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Solid Waste Engineer to join our highly collaborative team in Chantilly, Virginia. Our current opening will focus on executing existing coal combustion residual (CCR) solid waste design and construction oversight projects including landfills and ash basin closures, and maximizing solid waste business development opportunities.
- Prepare permit, bid, and construction documents including calculations, drawings, reports, and technical specifications.
- Provide Owners Engineer services during construction including reviewing submittals, responding to RFIs, reviewing laboratory test results, and developing construction certification reports.
- Assist with pursuit of solid waste opportunities including developing proposals and marketing.
- Effectively lead teams as required to successfully execute project work.
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in an accredited Civil Engineering Degree
- Licensed professional engineer
- 6+ years of civil engineering experience
- 2+ years of solid waste design experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience leading a team to execute project work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting
- Masters of Science in an accredited Civil Engineering Degree
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience
- 5+ years of solid waste design experience
- Experience with CCR disposal facilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.