Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Short-term/unique opportunity for an experienced Subsea Project Coordinator to assist and be responsible for our clients inspection campaigns and associated maintenance/repair to subsea installations and pipelines.
The successful candidate will be liaising with other team members of the Integrity Team to conclude on Scope of Work, specify required equipment, liaise, and support the Contracts Team through the tendering of external contractor workpacks. You will have responsibility to take on Project Management of the campaign and be the primary contact throughout. Following completion of campaigns, they will ensure all reporting is complete to the required quality standard and make available to the Integrity Team, and other departments as required.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis with occasional site visits as operationally required.
• Develop Scope of Work documents for hydrographic surveys, ROV inspections, diving inspections and associated repair and remediation work allowing the contracts team to go out to tender
• Ensure the procurement process is followed from market consultation to commercial closeout of the operation
• Prepare tenders/request for quotations for the scope of works that require external contractors
• Review and rank technical offers to provide a recommendation
• Liaise with Procurement department for award of contracts
• Initiate and review Contractors documentation, procedures, specifications and QSHE documents
• Liaise with QSHE department for review of bridging documents
• Liaise with Marine Manager for review and acceptance of contractor's assurance documentation
• Source and prepare offshore company representative roles as required.
• You will be responsible for the mobilisation of, and oversee marine operations for the selected contractor, and communicate with and instruct company vessel representative role as required
• Review and report upon acquired data including inspection methods such as ROV Video, sidescan sonar, multibeam echo sounder, sub bottom profiling, magnetometer, and environmental sampling
• Develop solutions for found anomalies or objects such as boulders, scour, free spans, displaced mattresses, UXO, Low CP and damage to structures/pipelines
• Support team and other departments with seabed data, KP files and co-ordinates
• Ensure regulatory and stakeholders' requirements are met such as survey permits and notifications, bi-annual "Fish-SAFE" submissions, and deposit consents are in place
• Perform audits of contractors when required and ensure adequate competencies of offshore contract personnel
• Provide operational support during offshore execution phases
• Ensure activities are adequately prepared and documented and apply a management of change process when required
• Perform project close-out, inclusive of commercial close-out, lessons learnt and reporting.
• Support the wider Integrity Team in:
o Assessing the most appropriate strategy for subsea inspections and repairs with regards to regulation and commitments
o Preparing combined operations for Integrity projects and other departments
o Prepare cost estimates for future subsea projects
• Degree qualified Engineer
• 10 years Oil & Gas Project Engineering/Management in a comparable role. Less experience may be considered if this has been specifically relevant. (i.e project management of ROV inspection campaigns)
• Hydrographic/Geodesy Degree required for co-ordinate conversion. Other strong experience in related backgrounds ROV/Subsea Engineering may be considered
• Working knowledge of project management principles, planning, logistics and relevant legislation
• Experience in subsea services management and operations
• Experience with pipeline and subsea structure inspections
• Offshore experience of marine/subsea operations preferable
• Experience using GIS/Geophysical processing software (MBE)/AutoCAD software desirable
• The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and confident, with a ‘can do' attitude
• The role will involve communications with a range of roles in different departments internally and externally, and good interpersonal skills are essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.