Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Stress Engineer within our Piping Engineering department. In this role you will execute assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards on safety and quality control, within the assigned man-hour budgets and schedules.
- Perform Stress Analysis Calculations, static and dynamic analysis.
- Select and adequately support piping systems from a standard library of Pipe Supports
- Generate and control of special pipe supports
- Assist and advise on the design of non-standard type pipe supports
- Review vendor package and equipment drawings for compliance with the project specifications
- Assist the Lead Piping Engineer in areas related to Piping Stress Analysis and Pipe Support
- Monitor and progress work fronts in specifically assigned areas
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 / 8 years of experience in analysing piping systems to ANSI / ASME Codes in relation to Piping Stress Analysis
- Display an awareness of Local, National and International Standards as applied to Pipe Stress Analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principals of piping flexibility
- Ability to specify data for the selection and purchase of springs, bellows, slide joints and cold supports
- Demonstrated capability to develop, from first principles and information, the generation of Critical Piping Systems
- Very good knowledge of Italian language
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.