Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer to join the Technical Team on our CATS Gas Terminal Duty Holder contract at Seal Sands, Teesside, UK on a permanent staff basis.
Wood provides all operational and engineering support to the CATS Terminal and Pipeline, which we operate on behalf of Kellas Midstream Ltd. The Technical Team provide process engineering and process safety support, as well as conducting new business evaluations with the client.
The successful candidate will act as Process Engineer on the Terminal, supervised by the Lead Process Engineer, and undertake process engineering support activities required by the Terminal.
You will be joining a close-knit team dedicated to achieving safe, compliant and reliable operations at the CATS Terminal and Pipeline. We are actively involved with our client in securing new business and exploring energy transition opportunities.
We are looking for an engineer with the drive and commitment to maintain and improve on our excellent performance and client relationship. Applicants with strong technical and communication skills are welcome. The Process Engineer is also expected and supported to continue their development at CATS or within the wider Wood organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute process engineering activities in support of Terminal operations
- Work closely and build relationships with the Engineering and Operations Teams
- Ensure that design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOP, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Use the plant computer-based models, including HYSYS models and pipeline composition tracker
- Carry out simulations to investigate operational issues, plant optimisation and new business evaluation
- Follow Management of Change process, supporting and owning modifications as appropriate
- Support technical and incident investigations as appropriate
- Prepare process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with the client as required
- Update operating procedures and P&IDs as required
- Responsible for monthly catalyst usage monitoring
- Responsible for catalyst bed change outs
Skills / Qualifications
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Working towards Chartered Chemical Engineer status
- A minimum of 2 years of process engineering design or operations support within the Oil & Gas or petrochemicals sectors
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Display analytical and problem-solving skills to understand operational issues
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.