Skills: Warehouse Person
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeenshire, UK, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Warehouse / Bulk Plant Operator for a contract position, located in Aberdeenshire
Performs all warehouse and brine plant operations safely, efficiently and effectively. Actively complies with all required work procedures. Delivers safe, efficient, innovative and excellent quality work, and provides exceptional service to both internal and external clients. Proactively works to achieve Departmental and Team tasks and objectives in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Preparing stock: palletising/shrink-wrapping/loading and unloading containers
- Mixing brines: cutting-in sacks of product; taking sample weight measurements and TCTs
- Quayside loading/unloading of vessels to and from storage tanks
- Filtration of returned fluids from customers
- Working bulk plant i.e. valves/hoses/pumps
- Forklift truck operation
- Preparing customer orders as per written or verbal instructions.
- Maintaining plant and warehouse stock reports and records for bulk plant (e.g. Daily Brine Movement reports)
- Ensure vehicles and forklifts are kept in safe operating condition.
- As part of the Warehouse Team, be responsible for the general housekeeping, good order and appearance of all Warehouse and Quayside facilities.
- Be obliged to ensure continuous improvement; keep under review the ways in which the Company's products, services, processes, equipment, systems and activities might be improved, enhanced and/or developed.
- Sound working knowledge and relevant working experience in Brine Plant operations is essential; for example, experience of applying Brine Mix instructions, and the loading and unloading of quayside Bulk fluids.
- B2 Forklift Truck operation certification preferred.
- Experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Is able to show initiative, and problem-solve effectively when the work situation requires.
- A current driving license is essential (for example for travel between client and company worksites and premises).
- Is able to work to deadlines. Completes assigned tasks.
- Must enjoy and thrive on being "hands-on"
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be computer-literate to Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel and Outlook Email packages
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict time-lines with minimal supervision, and still pay attention to detail.
- Have an investigative mind, be inquisitive.
- Understand and analyse complex information quickly and effectively; be able to present that information simply and accurately.
- Able to articulate own point of view or instructions in terms appropriate to the listener.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Be a competent active listener. Be a quick learner; ask questions.
- Have the ability to interpret requests and instructions accurately, and interpret customer needs accordingly, in order to deliver necessary guidance or instruction.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Understand the limits of their own knowledge.
- Be prepared to use own initiative and operate autonomously whilst maintaining a high standard of reporting and accountability to the Regional Operations Engineer.