Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Mechanical & Piping Discipline Manager, this position can be located in either Grande Prairie, AB or Vancouver, BC. This role has overall responsibility for providing Engineering support on our major pulp and paper projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assisting with engineering management through project lifecycle, starting from project definition, development of the project plan, budget, schedule, procurement and contracting strategies, through the engineering, procurement and construction phases
- Coordinating multidisciplinary team in both project and technical support for pulp and paper plants and mills and related infrastructure
- Providing project management skills including, contractor and trade coordination, man-hour estimating, budget and scope control, and scheduling
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Assisting and establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university and/or the completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program (PMP)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in industrial engineering projects as a Client, Supplier or Consultant
- P. Eng is a preference
- Excellent written and oral use of conversational and technical English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work out of the office on client sites independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.