Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an Entry Level Civil / Water Resources Engineer to join our highly collaborative team in Chantilly, Virginia and learn to create dynamic solutions on a wide range of complex projects. Our current opening will focus on the water resources and land development practice areas with public and private clients. You will work with dedicated professionals that will train and mentor you to a successful career path.
- Prepare design calculations under the direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer for: storm water management, grading, erosion and sediment control, stream restoration, and coal ash unit closure projects
- Produce construction documents (plans and specifications) using Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Prepare permit applications for various local, state and federal agencies of jurisdiction.
- Assist with the procurement process and perform construction engineering tasks, including site visits to monitor conformance to construction documents
- Prepare written reports for clients or agencies of jurisdiction
- Work under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in an accredited Civil Engineering Degree
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting
- Time management skills and self - motivated to continue learning
- Experience with projects related to site / civil design
- Coursework in hydrology / hydraulics and other relevant subjects
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Experience with HydroCAD, EPANET, HELP, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and/or EPA SWMM software packages
- Experience developing grading plans
- Engineer In Training (EIT)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.