Skills: HR - Recruitment
Other Skills: Offshore and Land recruitment experience
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting to include, but not limited to, sourcing, telephone screens, face-to-face interviews, background checks, and extending job offers in order to efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Develop a recruiting strategy to execute a process to best meet hiring needs, ensure a positive experience for candidates and adjust the strategy to meet changing business priorities.
- Using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings, including debriefs with Managers/ Business Partners to discuss the status of requisitions and interviews of candidates.
- Post positions to appropriate sources, including Parker Drilling's website.
- Develop and build a pipeline of qualified candidates in order to meet staffing goals and objectives.
- Involved with metric reporting and staff meetings in conjunction with the Recruiting Team.
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules, and escorting applicants to interviews.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices, and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors, and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take shortcuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Knowledge of Oil and Gas is a must-have for this role.
Necessary qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma - Associates degree preferred
- 5 years of recruitment experience to perform this job successfully.
- The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PHR, CIR, and/or AIRS certifications preferred.
- Should have at least 5 years in full-cycle recruiting in a Corporate/International environment
- Must be proficient in MS office products to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be proficient with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Able to provide feedback to candidates, HR management and Business Partners in a timely fashion.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customers in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.