As an Engineering Project Manager you will be responsible for managing several K-12 projects both internally and externally. You will be responsible for implementing the design ideas and programs developed by the Design and Development team and coordinating the designs and budgets with our Implementation/Construction Management Team. You will lead all aspects of project documents including the project schedule, budget, internal engineering team, external design consultants, and quality assurance and control.
We offer the unique ability to work from home on a daily basis. A company issued computer along with all required design programs, monitors, printers, and supplies will be provided. Employees are expected to be available during normal business hours and to be logged into a group work sharing and communications program during those hours.
Some travel will be required within the Midwest region. This travel may include but is not limited to client meetings, site visits, field verifications, building assessments, school board meetings, and presentations.
The successful candidate will:
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation and office administrative tasks
- Have thorough knowledge of engineering design drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs
- Work with the team on scheduling, construction documentation and client communications and assist in the preparation of construction documents
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings and researching relevant information
- Assist the team in the production of construction documents as required.
- Review, redline, and coordinate design review sets, meetings, and final bid documents.
- Maintain a good knowledge of local and national building codes
- Conduct code and project research
- Manage permitting and agency approvals process
- Mentor junior team members
- Lead construction observation activities
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment
- Professional Engineer
- 5 or more years of hands-on project management experience
- Proven experience in effectively leading a project team
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to building quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors
- Design modeling, and drafting experience with Revit software and AutoCAD software in delivering preliminary design concepts and contract documents
- A self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.