Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?Do you like collaborating across teams to deliver success for customers?Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our TPS team provides industry-leading products and services that promote the energy transition. We help a diverse range of customers to reduce environmental impact and improve productivity. We design and innovate centrifugal, axial, reciprocating compressors and turboexpander products. We adopt cutting-edge technology to deal with new challenges such as Hydrogen production, liquefaction and transport, CCUS, Energy Production from super-critical CO2. Partner with the best
You will be responsible for design and technical documentation activities for our compressor and turboexpander products.A new way to design turbomachinery is now in place, a Model Based Engineering chain where technical calculations are integrated with 3D geometry model creation.Enjoying opportunities to convert new technology ideas into products you'll introduce innovations to an already pioneering business.
As a Compressor Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading design activities and reviews to provide technical guidance and to share project related status updates.
- Collaborating with internal cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues and to identify product improvements (different Engineering Disciplines and Supply Chain Departments).
- Providing engineering support to internal teams to assist with activities that span the full, technical project life-cycle.
- Owning the delivery of technical documentation and drawings to ensure consistency with engineering policies and contractual specifications.
- Overseeing relationships with global and local vendors to manage time-zones and successful on-time delivery of required components.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a solid Engineering background with experience in either Mechanical, Thermodynamic or Fluid Dynamic.
- Have experience of working within an Engineering organization or environment.
- Demonstrate experience of using CAD software such as Unigraphics or similar.
- Have familiarity of finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Demonstrate experience of leading, mentoring and motivating teams in a technical environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Be fluent in English.
- Be happy to travel to international locations to work with customers on site.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.