Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a senior mechanical turbine engineer to join their renewables team.
The role would ideally be based from our Glasgow office, although other locations may be considered for the right candidate (other UK offices located in London, Reading, Bristol, Newcastle upon Tyne, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Knutsford, Shrewsbury and Leeds).
The Senior Mechanical Turbine Engineer will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering support on all aspects related to wind turbine technology to our various consultancy clients.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparation of high quality technical reports,
- Technical assessment of wind turbine technology,
- Specification, evaluation and negotiation of technical requirements for wind turbine supply contracts,
- Audit wind turbine component manufacturing facilities,
- Inspect wind turbines during construction and operational phase,
- Leading technical calls and meetings,
- Management of projects to meet quality, time and budgetary objectives; and
- Preparing proposals, cost estimates and commercial terms for Wood's commissions.
Skills / Qualifications
- A relevant engineering degree, accredited for membership of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, having achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status,
- A detailed knowledge of wind turbine technology and relevant industry standards,
- Experience working within a wind turbine environment,
- Experience in leading and coordinating the specification, evaluation and negotiation of wind turbine supply contacts,
- Experience and detailed understanding of technical assessments and technical due diligence,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language,
- Strong organisational, team working and influencing skills, wit h the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation,
- Driving license valid for use in the UK; and
- A willingness to travel (UK and worldwide), including possible site assignments up to 25% of time.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.