Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for a Works Instrument Engineer within Versalis in Grangemouth, UK. You will be responsible for directing the process of preventative maintenance for instrumental equipment, to ensure compliance with the Statutory and Integrity inspection schedule as well as compliance with asset maintenance routines for all Instrumental equipment, to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
Versalis is an international subsidiary of Eni specialising in the production of chemicals. We lead the market in a range of businesses including plastic and rubbers alongside a fast-growing bio-based business. We are Italy's biggest chemical company in terms of turnover, number of employees and production volumes and we're focused on meeting our customers' requirements while simultaneously embracing sustainable and competitive growth.
We pursue these goals through product innovation, reducing energy consumption and a relentless focus on safeguarding our people and the environment both inside and outside our facilities. With opportunities throughout Italy, UK, China, Germany, France, USA, Ghana, Congo and a number of other countries, our team is made up of accomplished individuals who all work together to help expand Versalis' presence on a global scale.
As a member of the Maintenance Area at Versalis you will be responsible for:
- Running diagnostic, investigating and fixing complex and technical faults on machinery, equipment, and components
- Reacting to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies to return to service in the safest and efficient manner.
- Supporting the Reliability and Process Safety Roadmap by being a key actor on SIL / RCA / FMECA / MTBF / Preventative Maintenance plans, defining and implementing relevant actions.
- Detailing requirements/scope for the refurbishment of site Instrument equipment
- Participating in HAZOP's, and other design review activities as requested
- Supporting with the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management, by collating information through SAP or ANTEA:
- Managing the use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate notifications/work orders, purchasing materials and services, plan and structure plant assets and critical spare lists and record historic information and asset registers for instrumental assets.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance. Plan all maintenance activities, by collating work requests through SAP, creating work order numbers, planning and communicating work requirements through the planning department for weekly planning schedules, ensuring required resources are in place. Execution of planned work to individuals and team members, including permit request, correct isolation /lock-off Instrumental equipment, issue of work permits, monitoring the progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock-off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Recording and storing historic work activities on plant electronic systems, including Microsoft word, excel and SAP. With photos, measuring of critical sizes/tolerances, to update asset records to comply with PUWER.
- Assisting in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quotes tendering processes and request for spares through material master and SAP
- Contractor management, through a selection of services, purchasing of services through SAP and Versalis ENI three quote tendering system.
- Ensuring that all works carried out are carried out on time and in a safe and efficient way.
- Supporting proactively E&I department and workshop E&I, Deputise for Electrical engineer, and supervisors in case of their absence.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Previous experience in the process of identification, selection and management of SIL instrumentation
- Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering Degree preferably in HND in Instrument Discipline and COMAH site or advanced Profes.Educ./HND/Tech.Diploma
- Previous experience in control and instrumentation and as supervisor of instrumental jobs
- Previous experience managing contractors.
- Previous experience on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's)
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.
- Good knowledge of English
- Previous experience in Regulations IEC 61511 and DESEAR.
- It is required a good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, for the application with instrumental equipment.
- Previous background in the design & maintenance of instrument/control systems in a process industry environment
- Experience in the process of identification, selection and management of SIL instrumentation
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.